Should You Paint or Replace Your Kitchen Cabinets
If you don’t like the way your kitchen cupboards look, you have plenty of options on how to update the look of your kitchen. For most people, the two main options are going to be either to paint over the existing cabinets, or to replace them entirely. There are pros and cons of each of these choices, so take some time to learn more and decide what the best course of action is going to be for your kitchen remodeling project.
Benefits of Painting Kitchen Cabinets
Painting over your existing kitchen cabinets is a very popular move, and with good reason. The following are some of the most significant reasons why you may want to take this path:
- Very Affordable – You can have your cupboards professionally painted for a fraction of the cost that it will be to have them replaced. This is because there is no need to rip out the cabinets, dispose of them, and install the new ones.
- Endless Color Options – You can choose any color you can imagine for your newly painted cupboards.
- Less Time Consuming – Having your cupboards painted is something that can be completed in about a day in most cases. This is far less time than it would take to put in all new ones for your kitchen.
Benefits of Replacing Kitchen Cabinets
It is clear that painting kitchen cupboards has a lot of benefits, but there are also a lot of advantages associated with simply replacing them. Some of the most convincing reasons why it may be smarter to rip out the old cabinets and put in new ones is a good idea:
- Get Custom Results – Getting custom designed cupboards will ensure you have the right amount of storage space for your kitchen. Whether you need taller shelves, more drawers, or any other configuration, we can make it happen for you.
- Choose the Material – You can choose from any type of material you would like for your new cupboards. Whether you like wood, metal, glass, or something else, your new cabinets will be just what you want.
- Best for Damaged Cupboards – If your cupboards are damaged it will take more than a coat of paint to make them look like new again. Rather than going through the hassle of repairing the cupboard and then repainting them, it may make sense to just get them replaced.
Which One is Right for You
Now that you can see several of the biggest advantages to each of your two options, you will need to think about which one is right for you. Take your time and really think it through so you can have a great looking kitchen that you love, while also staying within your budget. If you have any questions about renovating your kitchen cupboards, or you want to get a free estimate on cost, please give us a call at (646)-988-8667. We serve customers from throughout Long Island and the surrounding area, and we are ready to help you right away.